Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LOL...you crack up Mt. G...giv

LOL...you crack up Mt. G...give my poor Lambos a beak...

how come the 550's beat the 575's...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Better drivers. The problem i

Better drivers. The problem is that none of these cars are allowed to race. If one is too advanced they restrict it. The Lambo was a Dams car and they unlike Barbor's Lambo's are a REAL team with real drivers. The Maser is obviously a Factory effort. What I'd really like to see is a race seris that basically allows any street legal car as sold to be raced. That would be interesting. G vs 360 vs CGT vs Murcie vs Ford GT etc. Racing cars that real people can buy.
Best

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
>>The Lambo was a Dams

>>The Lambo was a Dams car and they unlike Barbor's Lambo's are a REAL team with real drivers. <<

very true...

nothing against Barbour..but ...yes they are a poser team...or were trying to leverage money from AUDI/Lambo...I wrote a critical review of certian Team excuses/goings on on LTalk. Admittedly Lambos are extremely expensive to develop for all out racing, however, I saw things that saddened me about their true commitment.

I quess the real question is ...Do "most" car Co's see winning on Sunday as Selling on Monday as they did in the past? or do they simply see it as a great tax write off and a gimmick?

The street HP Wars have heated up but it doesn't look like it has much follow thru in the racing venues...many half hearted attempts but not the fierce competiveness of days gone by...

Maybe it's society/marketing that has changed racing....??? the larger following readly giving up performance for comfort???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Maybe it's society/ma

"Maybe it's society/marketing that has changed racing....??? the larger following readly giving up performance for comfort???"

A VERY interesting (but sad) thought. You're really right it's more about street HP/Mag Racing Bragging Rights but make SURE it's comfortable!
Best

1 - 6 of 6 Posts