Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to play around with

I’m going to play around with alignment settings when I finish the suspension rebuild on my 79 308 GTS. I have calculated the amount of shims it takes to change the front camber, I came up with 2.2mm per 30’ of change. Taking the boss depth, the length of the mounting stud, the thickness of the nut and washer and still have full thread engagement on the nut, you can install about 6.6mm of shims for about 1.5 degree change with the stock yoke. If all this is correct, I can have about -1 front camber max without changing more parts, from real world experience is this correct.

Thanks

BTW it's cold here and I'm bored

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Bob,

I don't know if I&

Bob,

I don't know if I'm reading this right so correct me if I'm wrong.

From the above I gather you're trying to set camber by adding or subtracting based on some original factory specs?

Is this with or without taking new readings with a Camber Tool?

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Just trying to figure out what

Just trying to figure out what shims to have on hand when I do take to the alignment shop next spring, would like to try -45' camber or so on the front with 2mm toe

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
OH Ok gottcha Bob.

Honestly

OH Ok gottcha Bob.

Honestly any Alignment shop should have a full compliment of slide in shims on hand. The Ferrari shims are nothing special.

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
JRV, the Ferrari shims are &#3

JRV, the Ferrari shims are "special" in what they charge for them! About 20 times what "regular" shims cost... :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, also I will ballp

Thanks guys, also I will ballpark in the settings before it goes to the real shop with my poor boy setup, string for the toe and elec level for the camber. Have setup many Chevys like this and came in within spec but have never used this on a Ferrari, I may even get a REAL caster/camber gauge for this car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts