Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Drew,

honestly I think a

Hi Drew,

honestly I think a Miura is somewhat simular to an early carbed boxer...superior to a Daytona across the board.

Like early carbed Boxers the Miuras make no pretense that getting in touch with ones feminine side is anywhere in the picture. It's all aggression, speed, noise. They are probably simular to motorcycle riding where you find yourself punching the throttle just for the fun of it, just to make yourself grin.

As to the differences, P400, S, SV...except for the SV most of the differences are a mute point these days as almost all the early cars have been upgraded at resto time, as the 2 first versions had relitively few changes of serious note, now the SV's had major changes that are not easily applied to the early cars, body work & wider wheels & AC being the hardest to reproduce. So the SV's bring a substantial premium over earlier cars. Honestly though, except for the split sump none of the upgrades are anything that makes the early cars any less drivable, fun or desirable.

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font color="ff6000">WOW!</fon

<font color="ff6000">WOW!</font> That car at Bobileff's is awesome! I love it!! It has the split sump SV mod too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The early cars shared the tran

The early cars shared the transmission and engine oil. The SV corrected this situation. Many early cars have been converted to the SV oil sump system.

I love Muira's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts