Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent events have allowed me

Recent events have allowed me to attend the Monterey Classic Races this August – I believe that I’m much too late for reservations so I want to take a smallish motor home and camp somewhere. I have not been to the Monterey Historic’s for 20 years so I’m basically clue-less.

Also – I was considering taking the C4 and couple of bicycles, and I was wondering if I could get some advice on what to do and what not to do.

Taking the Ferrari always presents a “parking challenge”. Even with some checking in the paint, I like to feel that it is in a “safe place” – should I leave the car home?

Anyone have a favorite camp (place for 4 people, a 23 foot motor home and possibly a 365gtc/4) site?

Most of the events seem to be on Friday-Sunday, so I was thinking –get there Thursday Night and leave Monday – any thoughts?

Thanks,

Aaron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello Aaron,

I have not hea

Hello Aaron,

I have not heard of anyone having any problems in the Monterey area with exotic cars. I take my 355 to local grocery stores, Costco, etc.. never had a problem. I do not know anything about camping, here are a few local places I heard are OK that you may want to call:

* LAGUNA SECA RECREATION AREA
All provisions available Monterey Salinas Hwy/Highway 68, Monterey Ca. (831-) 755-4899
* BIG SUR CAMPGROUNDS
All provisions available Big Sur, Ca. 30 miles South of Highway 1. (831) 667-2322
* CYPRESS TREE INN
2227 N. Fremont Blvd, Monterey, Ca. (831) 372-7586 Limited facilities to electric and water hook ups, restroom and shower. Picnic area available.
* MARINA DUNES RV PARK
(831) 384-6914 Marina, Ca. Limited to RV's. All facilities.
* SADDLE MOUNTAIN RANCH
(831) 624-1617 RV Hookups. Monterey, Ca.
* VETERANS MEMORIAL PARK
(831) 646-3865 Monterey, Ca. Backpacking, Camping, 40 sites.
* MONTEREY PINES GOLF AND RV
(831) 656-2167 Monterey, Ca.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tony,

That helps a

Thanks Tony,

That helps a lot - I now have some places to start calling - and, once given a bath, I'll take the Ferrari.

Aaron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are very welcome Aaron. I

You are very welcome Aaron. I hope to meet many F-car people in person in August. I also talked to some local people about storage and I was told that a hanger at the local airport is available. It will have a guard and there is enough room for 60 F-cars. I was also told that they expect about 13 F-40s to be stored in there. If you are interested, PM me and I will give you contact info for the storage space.

thanks,
--tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts