Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the start of the San Marino

At the start of the San Marino GP, Montoya challenged Schumacher for P2 on the first lap. It looked like Montoya had the faster car until the Ferrari's Bridgestones came up to temp. I think Schumacher definately blocked Montoya several times. All perfectly legal under the "one change in drive line" rule.

The two came together in one of the chicanes. It was quite a sight. However, Italian TV coverage cut away for just a couple of seconds (maybe to get a different camera angle) and when it came back you could see that Montoya had been pushed off the track into the grass. Still maybe legal if Schumacher had only made one drive line change.

At the podium, Schumacher was asked about it and commented that he was protecting his line. Montoya griped that Schumacher had pushed him off the track and that he felt the FIA should not let him get away with it.

For those of you that saw it. Is this more crying form Montoya or does he have a legitamate beef this time?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Montoya is a crybaby. He was p

Montoya is a crybaby. He was passing on the outside and did not have the line. Just like in his CART days, too much aggression and too little thinking. One of the many reasons that he will never be world champion.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW!!!!

Montoya slams &#3

WOW!!!!

Montoya slams 'unfair' FIA April 27 03:47
Juan Pablo Montoya has lambasted Formula One's governing FIA and the race stewards at Imola for not punishing Michael Schumacher for a clash on Sunday.

'Look at Indy [2003],' the Colombian said at Imola.

'I just touched Rubens and I got a drive through penalty.

'But Michael does that and gets away with it.'

The pair locked wheels on the first lap of the San Marino GP as Montoya dived to the outside and Schumacher, driving his Ferrari, closed down the racing line.

'I think the rules should be the same for everyone,' Montoya continued.

'I don't care if his name is Schumacher, I don't care if he drives a Ferrari.'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Montoya is a crybaby. Protect

Montoya is a crybaby. Protecting your position is just part of racing. If I recall correctly Montoya even said in the post race interview that the race was tough and he had the door closed on him twice before the incident. To me it just seems like Montoya knew that as soon as Michael's tires warmed up he would be uncatchable so he tried to pass early and the third time he let his frustrations get the best of him. He even mentioned how the team had to improve the car to keep up with leaders alhtough he was talking about Jenson Button's quick pace in the beginning.

What's up with the other Schumacher though? What was the decision with his run in with Alonso? To me it looked like he tried closing the door on the Spaniard a little too late.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts