Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
well, many months after the pr

well, many months after the problems first appeared (over a year and almost 2 years) my boxer is back to me, running fine (it appears)..the garage queen that had fuel coagulate in the lines, a frozen fuel pump, checkvalves, auxiliary valve, bad fuel pump relays, and many hours of sadness...is finally back to the garage it grew up in. I now have new MSD ignition including new MSD coil, and so far so good. I sincerely appreciate all the hlp everyone extended to me and I am glad the car is back and it will be driven I guarantee.
Who sayd Ferraris cannot be a big pain the but sometimes !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Glad to hear you got it sorted

Glad to hear you got it sorted. As a 365BB owner I've watched your (slow & painfull) progress with sympathy.

Simon in London
76 365BB
77 400

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
When I bought this car back in

When I bought this car back in the 80's, I bought it instead of a crburetted model because I was told that I would not have to fiddle with carbs all the time, and I was having a hard time keeping my daytona running...fouled plugs etc...Well, that is bull. The daytona still starts and runs every day of the week..let's hope the Boxer does the same for a while.

Many thanks for your kind words.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I followed this also.........h

I followed this also.........have an 83 BBi.

Leason learned..........DRIVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I fully agree Henryk...but the

I fully agree Henryk...but there are some restrictions: hard to drive this car with a tan dash, it reflects sun right into your eyes...and I have tried a dash cover, only to have those round plastic air vents staring at me through the reflection off the glass. I can I suppose drive it on cloudy days and rainy days, but where is the fun there? Of all the Ferraris that I have driven, it has the most uncomfortable driving position, and coupled with the extremely raked windshield and the hot sun beaming on you, it makes it difficult to find enough days in the year to drive it. I drove it at Road Atltanta in 89 or 90, and couldnt wait to get off the track, could not see a thing...I think Ferrari should have known better than to have a tan leather dash that is definitely blinding.

BUT I will drive it.. I certainly dont need a two year heartache again (not to mention the drain on the finances.)

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Coach,

I want to express m

Coach,

I want to express my CONNGRATS! on getting your Boxer back to health also.

Best Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Coach - It is not technically

Coach - It is not technically challenging to remove the instrument pod and dash. A bit time consuming, perhaps, but a fun exercise. In so doing, you could have the dash recovered with black leather, as is mine, which significantly improves the glare issue. Be sure to use a natural black leather without sheen, and do not use Leatherique, which I find leaves a shine on the leather (not to speak of sticky and unnatural finish). The cost to recover, since you have the template of the original, is rather modest ($400). At the same time, since you have the instruments and dash out of the car, you can detail and inspect fuses, grounds, etc.

Just something to do, that does not need to be done, in the time that you have, that should be spent doing something with your family.

Jim S.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Hi..........

The attachment

Hi..........

The attachment contains instructions for the removal of the dashboard of a Boxer, compiled by David Feinberg, no doubt after a "few hours" on the floor of his 365BB.

Frank........23005
www.masiarz.net/bb_resource
<center><table border=1><tr><td>

BBDash.doc (35.8 k)</td></tr></table></center>

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
I am in love again. I took her

I am in love again. I took her out for a short drive this morning and she performed as well as ever before. The MSD is working great...the new belts, tensioners...whatever, feels like a new car. Not bad for a relatively inexpensive 12 cylinder that is 21 years old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts