Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a disabled Vietnam Vetera

I am a disabled Vietnam Veteran who suffers from post traumatic stress disorder and my tour of duty in Vietnam was Nov.17, 1968 to nov. 17, 1969. I was in the infantry and was awarded the Bronze Star Medal & The Army Accomadation Medal for meritorius achievement in a combat zone. I’m a lifetime member of the Vietnam Veterans Association and an avid member of The Ferrari Club of America, which is the world’s largest Ferrari Club. I also enjoy volunteering my time at Englewood Hospital & Medical Center, where I have over 1200 hours of community service.

My dream in life was to own a magnificent Ferrari. I’ve owned and driven Aston Martin, Lotus, Porche, Corvette, and after my first test drive last week in a 1995 Ferrari 348 Spyder I was a changed man. The sound of the engine and exhaust was exhilarating not to mention the sheer performance, I was indeed hooked on the feeling. In fact, that night I bought a rare 1992 Ferrari 348 Specialle from DC Motors in Anahiem, California. In 1992 they only made 12 units and in 1993 they made 88 units, for a total production run of 100 cars. My Ferrari is #19 of 100 and came with all documentation including the original window sticker showing the MSRP of $111,000.

Owning a Ferrari is a dream that is feasible. There are the 308 models ranging from $25,000 to $40,000 which isn’t a lot for a true sports car. Then there are the 328,348,355 & the testarossa models to choose from. I paid $54,800 for my car and it is insured with Hagherty Insurance Company under exotic or classic cars. The yearly tab for a complete policy is $978 which covers to and from car shows, exhibitions and occassional pleasure drives (yearly mileage not to exceed 2000 miles a year).I find this to be quite affordable for a Ferrari..

An older Ferrari will not depreciate that much and most of the older models will hold their own if not appreciate. This is an excellent alternative for a second car, one that you can not only own, but enjoy driving and displaying it at car shows. Let’s be realistic, if you were to buy a new Lexus 430SC, it would list for approx. $67,000 and according to Lexus of Englewood , N.J., they could put you in the drivers seat for $61,000. Now Lexus is an excellent car, but it will not hold its value like a good used Ferrari, one that’s been well maintained. Speaking of maintenance, an eight cylinder Ferrari requires a major service at 5 years or 15,000 miles, whichever comes first. The cost of this is between $3,000 to $5,000 depending on which service center you choose. All in all, if you amortise this over the five year period that’s only $600 to $1000 per year for maintenance. This is actually quite a bargain, when it comes to driving and owning one of the world’s best sports cars!All I can say is VROOOOOOOOOM..........
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
1992 Ferrari 348 Specialle - #19 of 100
348-1.htm (37.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I remember seeing your car a w

I remember seeing your car a while back while surfing the net...whew it's clean one!!! Very nice indeed, I love the carbon fiber seats! The exposed rear tail lights are unique too and the car cannot be mistaken for anything else but a Specialle. If I recall the Specialle also had more horsepower than standard 348s. I have to agree with you, there's nothing like owning a Ferrari.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff, what sets the 348 Specia

Jeff, what sets the 348 Specialle from the standard 348 are the following: close ratio gears, F40 style sports seats in Connolly leather, modified door panels in leather, redesigned front spoiler to optimize aerodynamics, similar to the F40, new design front grill with a chrome Prancing Horse, bumpers and rocker panels in body color, engine cover in body color, modified tailight assembly, new rear grill with a chrome Cavallino and finally a tuned free flow exhaust system which increased the horsepower to 312 (some say 320). All cars are numbered 1 to 100 with a 348 Serie Speciale plate on the passengers side door-post. The car reflects the Ferrari GTs' racing heritage.Thanks for your post, hope you enjoyed the narrated slide show!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Way to go, welcome to the club

Way to go, welcome to the club and this site.

Thx again for the anodes tip in the email

Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CONGRATS ROBERT!!!!

You now

CONGRATS ROBERT!!!!

You now have one of the BEST Most Fun Ferraris ever built!!!

I really love 348's because they've proven how good they are over a span of many years!!!! I could drive one all day & all night with a smile on my face!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That puts a tear in my eye Rob

That puts a tear in my eye Robert. I remember picking up my first Ferrari....won't be long before I pick up my second one.. Happy motoring!!!

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Robert,
Congrats on your n

Hi Robert,
Congrats on your new f-car. Here's wishing you many happy miles!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All this talk and no pictures.

All this talk and no pictures. It is time for a few shots, please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts