Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, im new here, I alrea

Hi there, im new here, I already know some of you from elsewhere and thougth I would join. Seems to be a fair amount of BB owners here which is nice to see because Ill be picking on some of you here for some much needed input in the future with this wonderful CIS setup ferrari blessed my car with. Here is my BBi, bought her in July and now Im spoiled by the flat 12 sound and push from behind.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Closest thing to a Turbine Eng

Closest thing to a Turbine Engine Ferrari ever produced IMO.....they just go & go as you shift with endless & seemless power!!!!

Congrats on your choice!!!

Euro Fr Spoiler and all.....lucky guy!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heres another shot, fogive my

Heres another shot, fogive my photoshop, I suck but im learing. The car came with 365 headers and ansa sport exhaust as a dealer option so im told called the sport exhaust system. The front has a shortened grill with the daylight flashers moved inboard to accommodate the brake cooling ducts that were also installed. Im not sure if they are BBLM parts or what, they are made of the same stuff the 308 engine inlet ducts are made of in the quarter panels and fit perfectly with ducting going right to the rotors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here is the ducting, anyone se

here is the ducting, anyone seen this before? I would like to know where it came from.

P.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations (again&#41

Congratulations (again) on your BBi! It's beautiful. I'm not sure about the ducting, but I'll follow your posts to learn more about my favorite Ferrari.

Barry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing your BBi Pa

Thanks for sharing your BBi Paul. Like Barry, I too love a good Boxer. I also thoroughly enjoy your posts on the 308 restoration. Maybe you can share some of that here?

John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John,

Your avatar may be a

John,

Your avatar may be a bit large. It forces the other posts far to the right. May want to resize. But welcome to the the board.

Paul, welcome also. Nice car. There are a lot of Boxer owners here who do their own work and like tinkering with the cars.

Drew Altemara

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments, ye

Thanks for the compliments, yes, avatar too big. Didnt know I could have an avatar but Ill make sure its small if and when I get around to one.

I was considering posting the 308 restoration here but figured it would be a repeat from the other site and the interest wouldnt be there.

Paul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry about the avatar folks.

Sorry about the avatar folks. Didn't realize it would post like that; thought it was just part of the profile.
Paul, by all means keep us updated on the 308 here. Your meticulous attention to detail and the process you are going through is facinating!
John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ill post the pics in the resto

Ill post the pics in the restoration section a bit at a time, too many pics but hey, they mostly got lost where I had them posted in the past so I guess it wont hurt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for reconsidering Paul.

Thanks for reconsidering Paul. As an enthusiast with a similar 308, I started following your adventures when you fit 328 wheels to your 308 and all the trials and tribulations associated. Your restoration project proves that you can substantiate your comments.
I am casually looking at Boxers now. How long did it take you to find one to your liking? Did you look at both carbed and injected models? I appreciate your insight.

John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the kind words, Ill

Thanks for the kind words, Ill try to get the thread started this weekend. As far as boxers go, it kind of fell on my lap through a friend of mine up here. I always wanted a boxer, prefered a carb car because the more carbs the merrier even with the headaches that go along with them. I knew they were "up there" price wise so never really looked into getting one then figured why not get one that needed work, servicing and some odds and ends. I called a friend of mine who has access and connections to exotics in general and he mentioned one to look at but it didnt fit my requirements, it didnt need anything, servicing was up to date and it was basically a hop in and drive car. After I saw it and went for a spin I couldnt say no and fell into the trap of the 12 cylinder sound. So, didnt do much research prior and it was the only one I drove. I was familiar with the BB line because I always wanted one so I knew what they were about first so I didnt go in blindly and once you own a ferrari I think you know how much of a pickle you can get into if you over look or downplay things like exhaust concerns and oil
leaks as well as other things that might seem insignificant at the time. I recieved photos of the engine out service, even the water pump rebuild, the PPI showed 2 leaking accumulators and an axle seal leak (minor leak). Ill be fixing the axle leak myself next spring. So, this car is injected and Im not unhappy that I didnt go for carbs. I like the look of the engine better, looks more high tech or something, more impressive to me but thats my opinion and the torque is fantastic. I have been in other boxers but never driven another. The carb one I was in was a 79 and it didnt seem to be any faster than mine. Mine also has a few other things that might or might not make a performance difference like the 365 headers and sport exhaust. One thing I have learned is if you are not careful you could wind up going down an expensive road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, I started posting pics of

Ok, I started posting pics of the 308 restoration in the restoration section.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats Paul...

I'm ve

Congrats Paul...

I'm very familiar with that car and it is the sweetest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glh, Im sure you are familiar

Glh, Im sure you are familiar with it, I did some research on the seats and the other stuff you know about. The seats were done by the company that makes the seats for ferrari (if there is such a thing) when the car was new but after it was purchased. Foitek in Zurich removed them and sent them out, they added the front ducts, modified the grill and lights and also installed BBLM rims on the car with the rear fender extensions which of course have been removed. They had a lot of info on the car like the engine out service every 5 years even though the car just sat in their shop for 10 years unused and after 15 years saw about 60kms use and thats why the owner decided to sell it. The engine out service was performed again in montreal before it came here to toronto into my waiting garage where it gets love and attention.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts