Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amy and I have just purchased

Amy and I have just purchased this racing kart after testing it on Wednesday. We are going to do some road racing, and some sprint racing on the side. This is going to be a lot of fun....

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking good!

Keep the skil

Looking good!

Keep the skills honed, you never know when we'll need to return to defend our honor!

They have a kart race soon in Houston, and if the OWRS makes a night race here next Fall, you KNOW I'll find a way to make it happen!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeremy,

you've fallen

Jeremy,

you've fallen in love 3 times just since I've known you and once before that
Amy, Ferraris, Racing Ferraris, V12 Ferraris, and now Karts that go 0-60 in 3.9 secs and pull 2 G's in the corners!!!! I think you just love Love
!!!

What's it like driving a Mini - F1 Car ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am always ready for a good f

I am always ready for a good fight on the track Alan.
I will always be ready.....

Hi Paul,

Thank you.. What does Leopard mean?

JR,

Ha ha!! There is a song, "Love is a wonderful thing.." I believe it is true. These karts are a blast. I was leaning toward the shifter kart at first. There is something about going 0-100-0 in under 8 seconds that gets your attention. Everyone that I talk to about the karts is blown away by their performance. There isn't a road car, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc, than can touch the performance that these things can put out. But, there aren't very many guys, or gals, racing the shifter karts here locally. So, I chose the TAG class as there are 15-20 karts in every race. The TAG karts are not as quick as a shifter, but they still haul booty..
I can't wait to do some road racing. TWS, TMS, Hallet, you name it. 120mph is going to be a hoot in this kart.

More to come...

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could tell it was a TAG kart

I could tell it was a TAG kart and thought it was a Leopard engine. I have a Rotax TAG kart but have been to busy to run it much lately.

ekartingnews.com

has a TAG forum with some good advice.

Smooth is the fast way around. TAG is great because the winner isn't the one who can spend the most $ on thier engine- I've won and lost places by a kart length.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Paul. I had no idea you

Thanks Paul. I had no idea you were into karting. I will have to bring it with me the next time we head out that way.

Ah! I have learned a bit since I posted last. I now know what a Leopard is.

Thank you for the link. I will be sure to check them out. I can use all of the information I can gather at the moment.

I am hooked up with a great racing shop here in Houston, Dehaan Racing (www.dehaanracing.com)out of Spring, Tx. Jerry Dehaan and Stuart Robinson have decades in the karting industry and have been a huge amount of information and support. I can't wait to get on the track with them supporting my efforts.

I was able to watch a TAG race a few weeks ago and every kart was pretty much equal. With equal karts the only difference is the driver. Great racing action, and it has to be the most quality seat time that any driver can get to make themselves a better driver.

We'll be in touch Paul.

JL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts