Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to start a search f

I am going to start a search for my next Ferrari. The DOT has been in contact with me, and will be buying my home next Spring.......something about a 4-lane major highway going through my living room......Oh well!!!!! Since I already have another home to move into, I will get extra cash after the sale.

I would consider something under $100K. My first choice would be a US version Daytona coupe. Then, maybe a carb Boxer.

My days of impulse buying are over, and I will take my time.

The newer cars: 550, etc. are too laden with electonic computers and gizmos. I want something with a classic look, that I like.

I would prefer to find the car in the Midwest. Too many sellers from CA and FL scare me. I will be in SC next week, and check out what is offered in the Hilton Head reagion. I will scan the FML, however, I feel that those cars are about 20% overpriced.

Wish me luck!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will keep the Boxer. A Dayt

I will keep the Boxer. A Daytona would be a nice complement to the car.

The major, on the TR, will be done soon.........I will then decide on whether I want to sell it........decisions, decisions!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about a Dino ? Maybe a 25

How about a Dino ? Maybe a 250 PF or something like that ? Another one that I've heard is along the Daytona lines is a 365 GTC/4.

I've really enjoyed reading about your 'exploits' with doing your own majors. Great that you've got the means (knowledge and equipment) to do your own work. I'll look forward to hearing about your next acquisition. Good Luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark: I just got back from a

Mark: I just got back from a trip to SC and Georgia..........only saw a 348 spider.

I had a Dino for about 6 years........246 GT. While the car was really neat, I think the prices asked are just too high. The problem with rust is a real one!!!!!!!!

The 365 GTC/4 just doesn't do anything for me. There was a 250 PF I looked at. They wanted $60K, and it was showing signs of rust all over......no thanks.

I had a Daytona, for only one month. The F dealer.....salesman, AND service manager, assured me that the car was a US model, which I insisted on. During the month, I noticed things NOT consistent with a US model. ONLY then, did the dealer check the serial number.......the car was from Italy. Well, they refunded all my money, and I even got the tax back from the State. They re-sold the car. One month later, I saw it in the dealer's service section, with a note from the new owner: "It didn't pass emissions...fix it"!!!!!!!!!

The styling of the Daytona just stirs me!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Henryk, .. i agree daytonas do

Henryk, .. i agree daytonas do make your blood stir. I wish I had known you were in SC but Hilton Head is on the other side of the state. I would have loved to show you not one but 2 daytonas. If a maranello and 360 are worth 120 to 160 grand, then a daytona at 100 would be a steal (provided it is not rusted and in decent shape).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Coach,

I looked up Clemson,

Coach,

I looked up Clemson, before I went to SC.......you are right........across the state.

As far as the price on a Daytona, I was only wishfully thinking!!!!! Something else may even come along.......say a used Ford GT, for $100K?????????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Henry
The guy that purchased

Henry
The guy that purchased my 512bb last year had a Daytona for sale. He is in Florida, but the Daytona was in Wisconsin in storage. I remember the price was over $100k but was a very nice car. He may have sold it though. Let me know and I can get you in touch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Doug,

While I won&#3

Thanks Doug,

While I won't be able to buy one till next Spring, it would still be worthwhile to know someone close by, who has one for sale.

Feel free to PM me with the owner's name.....if it is OK with him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts