Thanks Steven...I was hoping t
Thanks Steven...I was hoping to have more pics of the finished motor up by now...but ran into a bit of a snag making new plug wires. I bought 8mm wires that will fit the original sleeves okay, but not into the plug boot, I tried everything but it's a no-go. So tomorrow I'll order some 7mm wire - darn! As far as cleanliness...it's painted. The factory painted the blocks kind of a dull or semi-gloss silver color. Can't seem to find it anywhere so I just used aluminum paint. I did have the block as clean as I could get it prior to painting, but even then it just didn't look all that good. I believe you can also use some type of aluminum "brightener" to get a nice appearance. But as time goes on aluminum gets dull and oxidized, so I elected to use paint. The brass tubes are in fact steel fuel lines that used to be zinc plated. I would have simply got new lines if they weren't so expensive - like $900. No way are they worth it....so I looked all around to find a paint that matched zinc plating...nothing out there. But I did find some yellow anodizing spray that was close but not gold enough. Finally a combination of yellow anodize and gold paint resulted in what you see. I had to polish (many hours)the lines up first or the dark blotches would just show right through the paint. I'm surprised it turned out so well, but I wouldn't want to do this job again. I also purchased all new nuts, bolts, and washers were feasible. This ended up being quite pricey too, but the results are worth it. The bottom line is it just takes hours of work, good preparation, and patience. When I get the motor complete and ready to install I'll post more pics and descriptions. Till then if you have any questions please just let me know and I'll be happy to answer them if I can.