Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEED HELP! I have been 355 sh

NEED HELP! I have been 355 shopping for a while. I am ready to buy NOW, but I just cannot decide between the spider or GTS. The frustration is killing me because this is the only thing holding up my purchase. Any and all opinions and recommendations/experiences would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Get the GTS because you will h

Get the GTS because you will have the best of both worlds.Take the top off for sunny days and put it back on when its raining.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes sense. I just alwa

That makes sense. I just always loved the spider, it was only recently I started to feel like the coupe was just more "me", but the spider is beautiful. Do you think the spider or the coupe is better looking?, because that is really what it comes down to for me I guess. Honestly, I have not seen either in person enough. Thanks for the quick response.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that the coupe looks b

I think that the coupe looks better which is why I`d get the GTS.With the GTS you get looks of the coupé (personal taste) with the excitement of having the roof off when you want which means you can hear the sound of the engine roaring a bit better.I hope this helps. What colour are you planning on getting??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red. My first Ferrari. I hav

Red. My first Ferrari. I have been learning, deciding, and narrowing my preferences for the last month. I can't even get any work done at the office I am so excited, just on the internet shopping and looking all day and up late at night. Do you like the challenge grill? Any other suggestions?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the challenge grill.Wha

I like the challenge grill.What do you mean by "Any other suggestions?" ??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know what I mean by tha

I dont know what I mean by that. I guess I am looking for any ferrari/355 knowledge. It being my first one, I am just worried about not making the absolute right decision on any aspect of my purchase.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Embarrassed to say, NO!!! As

Embarrassed to say, NO!!! As of now buying without, Hoping to purchase this week. I guess I just doubt seriously that I wont like it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I was you I would test driv

If I was you I would test drive a GTS and a Spider.I guess then you could see which gives you the biggest "buzz"!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good point. Problem is I live

Good point. Problem is I live in New Orleans. Closest dealer is 6 hours away. Even so, getting to a dealer that has both on hand is probally very difficult and trying to test drive both could slow down my purchase time ALOT. Do you hve any suggestions on how I can accomplish that very quickly?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you know anyone who has a 3

Do you know anyone who has a 355 GTS or Spider?? If not, look for some videos because you might watch them and think "Wow!! That looks fun in the Spider" or "That GTS looks nifty having that roof on it!!"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont know anyone that has a

I dont know anyone that has a ferrari! Down south is kind of dull. I guess I will call Ferrari of Houston and see if they have at least a spider and a coupe. Meanwhile, I am open to any opinions/suggestions. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry if I`ve been not much he

Sorry if I`ve been not much help, I`m rubbish at explaining things.Follow your dreams is what I say!! If you have always wanted a spider then go for it!! My nearest dealer is 6 hours away aswell.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I agree with your advi

I think I agree with your advice that the GTS is the best of both worlds. Its a tough decision, but I am just going to have to decide.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, go for it!! Make sure yo

Yeah, go for it!! Make sure you post pics if you get it!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Teddy,

A piece of solid adv

Teddy,

A piece of solid advice!

Slow Down, Way Down!!!!!!!

People in a hurry very often get screwed over BIG TIME when playing the Ferrari Game!!

There is a set of rules to this game just like any other. The first rule is patience...go slow & careful while shopping to find the absolute right & best car for the money.

Ferraris can be like Alligators, fun to play with, but with the potential to bite you in the A$$ bigtime at a moments notice!!!

ANY 355 purchase should include a very thourough PPI or you are begging for expensive trouble.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome Teddy. I agree with JR

Welcome Teddy. I agree with JRV. Slow down and make a rational decision... if that can be done while shopping for your first Ferrari.
Oh, and get the GTS.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Contact Jim Spiro here in New

Contact Jim Spiro here in New Orleans. He's a much better Ferrari dealer then FOH.

http://www.fantasy-motors.com/

Great guy- he can help you out.

Test drive before you buy. Personally I think the spider is the way to go (& I own a 328 GTS).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.