Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEED HELP! I have been 355 sh

NEED HELP! I have been 355 shopping for a while. I am ready to buy NOW, but I just cannot decide between the spider or GTS. The frustration is killing me because this is the only thing holding up my purchase. Any and all opinions and recommendations/experiences would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have owned the gts,gtb and s

I have owned the gts,gtb and spider.I would only buy spider F1.I just got a new F430 spider F1 that the only way to go.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are going to take it to

If you are going to take it to the track, the Coupe is significantly stronger and stiffer. Otherwise, get the one the floats your boat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"I have owned the gts,gtb

"I have owned the gts,gtb and spider."

When you just can't decide....buy one of each... LOL!!!

Lak, post photos of your new 430. I love the 430....beautiful car.

I had a 308 GTS and loved it. I am not fond of the look of the spiders and can't stand not being able to take the top off on beautiful days. So the GTS is a great compromise.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been looking for a ferr

I have been looking for a ferrari for about five months and have come to the conclusion that the F355 Spider is the one for me. This is one that is not going to sit in my garage. I want to drive it - but not on the track. My preference would be the Tour de France Blue with the darker glove leather interior but that is a hard one to come by. I want one between the tyears 1998-99. There were a number of reasons for my choice. Now that I have made that choice I am now having an issue deciding whether to go manual 6 speed stick or the paddles. I just can't see drivng one that is not a maunual. I know the paddles are more responsive but... I also understand that they require more maintenance. Does anyone who drives both ahve an opionion they can share.

Thanks

Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have driven both Jeff. For t

I have driven both Jeff. For track purposes I would no doubt go with the F1 tranny. If I lived in a place where there was quite a bit of traffic, again, I would probably stick with the F1 tranny. However, if neither of the two above scenarios apply to you, I would go with the 6 speed any day.

Good luck,

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the spyder looks the b

I think the spyder looks the best of the three options. But you really need to live in an area of the country where you can have the top down over 6 months os the year.

I am partial to the manual transmission for two reasons. First, I like to shift and mess with the clutch and second I worry about the early F1 transmissions and the ability to cost effectively maintain one.

Good luck. Nice to have this problem.

Drew Altemara

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input. I live i

Thanks for the input. I live in San Diego so sun is no problem and traffic does not effect me either. I have decided on getting a 6 speed stick and may have found one. Should know more tomorrow.

Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got word that the compres

Just got word that the compression test failed. The 2nd cylinder was off about 30%. Not a good sign. They are checking to see if it is due to carbon buildup but i think if it was, more than one cylinder would have been effected. They are running through some gas addative to see if they can dissolve it and then they will do another test. I'm holding my breath but I have my concerns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts