Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Any members familiar with the

Any members familiar with the procedures under which FCA region officers are elected/appointed?

I'm an FCA member but never bothered with any of the politics. Seems some regions never have elections, is this SOP?

TIA

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I'm just now seeing

Sorry I'm just now seeing this post. We will have elections this year. All the members in the South Central Region were notified that the Region and Chapter presidents are elected positions and if anyone wanted to run against the incumbents, then to let Al know. There wasn't a single person to stand up, so the ballots for the next two years of office are coming out with only the incumbent names and a write-in line.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rob Thanks.

Like myself

Hey Rob Thanks.

Like myself it's likely no one even knows there are elections, as it's appeared as if these positions were appointed and filled for life, like the Supreme Court.

I know the Houston region definately needs to sweep out the old dead wood and bring in some new blood.

I know many Ferrari owners that would join FCA if there was a Regime change and more likeable people were in charge. The local negativety has turned plenty of guys off.

I've already thought of several names that would make great write-in candidates.

Thanks again for the feedback.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think there have b

I don't think there have been elections in our region for a long time. However, Al DeLauro took over from Hank Noble about 18 months ago and has done a great job. He got the Hill Country chapter going with Dave Scott and with me in DFW. The annual meet this year in San Antonio was also very successful. You'll see communication on the elections shortly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts