Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received this book yester

Just received this book yesterday. It's by Keith Martin and published by Sports Car Market Magazine (about $20.00 from Amazon).

Covers many models and seems reasonable in its comments and suggested prices. Ads in the back.

Being the overly sensitive bastard that I am, I find myself a wee bit disappointed that the 308 GTSi again took a "hit". Pity, I am very happy with mine - great car, no problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
>>that the 308 GTSi ag

>>that the 308 GTSi again took a "hit". Pity, I am very happy with mine - great car, no problems.<<

I don't know about that, from what I'm seeing the nice 308's seem to be going up in sale price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyone keeps harping on the

Everyone keeps harping on the fact that the 308 was a mass-produced car (by ferrari standards). When in reality, there are currently more TR's in existance then 308's. Attrition has taken it's toll on the 308's. Cheap owners and reckless maintenace is keeping the prices low.

You gotta pay to play and with such low prices on 308's many buy the car but cannot service them. Just like the Lamborghini Jalpa.

Enjoy your car!

Drive it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JRV,

I agree with you that

JRV,

I agree with you that the 308's, even the gt4's are going up in price just a touch. the 308's and some of the top end models (f-40 and the like) are the only ones rising. I would be jumping out of a building if I had just bought a 456. Regardless of the year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sam,

you said it well:

&

Sam,

you said it well:

"Cheap owners and reckless maintenace is keeping the prices low. "

but the Well Maintained, Nice Cars seem to be going up at least in asking prices and imo the reason is there are more serious buyers than nice, well maintained cars. Yes the cheapskates will try to buy a good car by brow beating the owner, but generally what I see is the owners of the really nice stuff just walk away and keep their car for a while longer. NICE older Ferraris are not that easy to find imo. There has been an explosion of buying Lambos the past 6 months by the economicaly insulated, as the economy comes back for those not at the top, they will want to add some older and less expensive exotics to their stables to keep up with the upper classes imo, as well as the moneied buyer that wants to limit his buy in expense while still having a nice piece of the pie.

All jmho of course

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your opinion but it's righ

Your opinion but it's right.

I think the next thing we will see is the range of prices of models getting wider was the crap sinks to the bottom and the winners float to the top.

An of course, everyone has a floater, right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts