Ferrari Forums banner

No heat b77 308

2K views 4 replies 0 participants last post by  Anthony A. (Rockon) 
G
#1 ·
Hi,

I do not get heat in my

Hi,

I do not get heat in my 308 - I know it worked fine in November.

I checked the cable that goes to the heater core valve and looked at the mechanism's displacement. It looks as though the arm attached to the heater core is moving at full throw side-to-side, but it moves too easily than one would expect - in other words, the valve mechanism does not seem to be opening and closing anything, just moving loosely.

Is there a link arm or something else that may be disconnected? I tried looking, but can not seem to see anything that would be a problem.

Thank You,

Anthony

G
#2 ·
If you verified that it isn&#3

If you verified that it isn't moving by removing the front spare tire and upper compartment then the sheath that is held in place by a small bracket and phillips head screw probably slipped out. Should be easy to fix. That or the cable broke. On my 85' when I got it the cable was already broken on the pass. side for the climate control.

G
#3 ·
Hi,

The cable is moving and

Hi,

The cable is moving and it is in fact moving the heater control valve arm - the arm is moving with the cable - but no heat. It feels as if the arm itself is not actuating anything.

Thanks,

Anthony

G
#4 ·
Anthony--it could be that the

Anthony--it could be that the inside of the valve is broken. If you're getting hot coolant from the engine through the heater hose, it must be that ,as far as know ( but i don't know that much!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.