Ferrari Forums banner

OBD II codes

22K views 53 replies 11 participants last post by  Josh@ECS 
G
#1 ·
It there any way to read stand

It there any way to read standard OBD codes from the 360 computer without the sd-2?

G
#2 ·
Hi John,

I don't know o

Hi John,

I don't know of a real way to pull the codes without an SD-2 and make any sense or use of them. Ferrari uses some loophole in the law to prevent the generic reading by standard scanner I've been told.

What are you trying to find out?

The MIL's should go out in 3 20 minute trips if the problem is non-reacuring. If they don't it means the computers are picking up a continous fault.

Regards, JRV

G
#4 ·
Hi John,

yes please keep us

Hi John,

yes please keep us updated. If there is a way to accquire real & helpful data I would love to know about it and such info would be very helpful to many readers in the future.

Regards, JRV

G
#5 ·
JRV,

I purchased an Innova

JRV,

I purchased an Innova 3100 OBD II code reader and was able to read the codes. The first code is a P1569 and a 2nd code P0571. Do you have any idea what they mean? I was also able to reset the computer with this tool. No lite yet after 10 miles but I have the same two codes pending so I'm sure it will be back on. This is the same tool John Monahan used on his Lamborghini.

John

G
#6 ·
Hi John,
Congrats on your new

Hi John,
Congrats on your new 360...Great looking car!
Although not a promise, I have a good contact at FNA who may be able to help with the codes.

I'll will forward them on to him, and be back in touch with you later in the week.

Regards,
David

G
#9 ·
Hmmm...

if it's a euro

Hmmm...

if it's a euro version you might try contacting several of the Euro Dealers or Euro Independents to get the codes, since Euro codes have nothing to do with FNA anyway.

Surprised the Australian guy Phil FerrariFixer doesn't have the codes he could give you ? Surely running 4 or 5 360 Challenge cars he's run across a need for the codes?

Regards, JRV

G
#11 ·
Thanks for the info guys. One

Thanks for the info guys. One source tells me that the P0571 is "Brake switch info" and P1569 is "Brake switch info bank 2". I will check the brake switch at the pedel, any other ideas?

John

G
#12 ·
Well it turns out that you can

Well it turns out that you can read the codes with the generic OBD II code reader. The p0571 was a brake switch problem that was resolved buy adding a wire that was missing on my euro car.Part of the conversion at Amerispec involved changing the ECU from the euro version to the US version. The euro version did not require the wire from the secound set of brake switch contacts.

The light came on again after my wife put gas in the car and the generic code said there was a gross leak in the fuel evaporative system. The gas cap was not on tight.

John

G
#13 ·
Hi John,

that's great n

Hi John,

that's great news you got the issue resolved.

Can you be more specific about how the codes are read and where you found the code number explantions/definitions?

Best Regards, JRV

G
#15 ·
I have a complete list of all

I have a complete list of all the codes for the 360 both the generic and factory codes. The list is 25 pages long. If anyone wants a copy or needs code info contact me.

G
#16 ·
Hi John,

I'm very inter

Hi John,

I'm very interested in acquiring a copy of that list! {
}

You must have friends in high places!

Let me know what I need to do, in order to get a copy.

Thank You, JRV

G
#17 ·
JRV,

It's a great list

JRV,

It's a great list of codes and even tells you what to check to trouble shoot the problem. I'll mail a copy to you next week. Maybe you can post the whole thing on this site.

How are the clutch rods coming along?

John

G
#18 ·
Hi John,

fantastic, what a

Hi John,

fantastic, what a resource tool this will make.

>Maybe you can post the whole thing on this site<

25 pages of typing...> ouch...lol.

Yes we'll have to figure out a way to get it posted. Some type of PDF. file or something. Maybe Jay Britton will have some suggestions.

Titanium clutch arms are still a few weeks away, but I still have you first on the list. The shock project & skid plates set us back a little.

Best Regards, JRV

G
#19 ·
Should be fairly easy to scan

Should be fairly easy to scan the docs and create a pdf using some OCR software. Depends on the quality of the xerox though. At the very least it can be scanned as a series of jpeg images.

Are there any copyright notices on the pages?

G
#20 ·
Hi John, I emailed you but hav

Hi John, I emailed you but have been having lots of trouble with my email. I would love to have a copy, as I have access to a Snap-On scanner.
Thanks, Dave

G
#26 ·
John< I don't know wha

John< I don't know what is going on. I sent it to the email address in your profile by clicking on it. Can you check your spam, It might have been filtered, one of mine was to a Ebayer.

Thanks John, and JRV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.