Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed 30K service and

Just completed 30K service and replaced all gaskets and seals recommened.

Now I have a leak at the rear main area rear of the pully( where the woodruff key inserts). I replaced the seal and still have the leak.

It appears the leak is coming from the inner shaft (where the woodruff key inserts) . Is there a seal or O ring I am missing or possibly is this an indication of a bearing failure?
I can wiggle the shaft with my hand and get some end play and oil does come out when I do that.
The motor was factory replaced in 1984 and only has 12K on it.

Any suggestions

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There is an oil seal behind th

There is an oil seal behind the pully ... when you have the pully off, just replace it, did leak in my car as well. Make sure that the oil seals of the cam drive pullies are not leaking.

Regards
Harry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just re-read your first post,

Just re-read your first post, you have already replaced the seal. Then one possibility is that you have bent/warped the new seal during installation. The crankshaft will not be bent enough for the seal to leak. Other possibility is a scratch on the sealing surface of the shaft. You would be able to spot such a scratch.
Still would look for other leaks like the drive pully seals (leaked in my car as well).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I have an extra seal I

Thanks, I have an extra seal I think I wil remove the one in the motor , check for scares on the surface and install another seal.

Thanks Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.