Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
In the recent Dupont registry

In the recent Dupont registry (December edition)
there is a 288 GTO advertised for 750k. I believe
the market for these cars is in the low 300's.
Either the seller is out of touch with the marketplace or he is on a fishing expedition.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Well, my 85 308QV is worth 100

Well, my 85 308QV is worth 100k to me right now.
But, If I really wanted to sell her I would probably take much less. As PT Barnum once said, "There is a sucker born every day." Ferraris in general, but more specificaly, the "Special editions" are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. He just might hold out long enought to find that one in a billion buyer who values the car as much as he does. More than likely he bought the car back in the late eighties for $1M, and is tired of playing the waiting game, but doesn't want to take the full hit. Just my .02

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Who cares? These ads appear a

Who cares? These ads appear all the time, and not just for Ferraris. Some people just like to see their "pride and joy" in the Dupont Registry...if it has some astronomical price...so be it....just adds to their ego.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
That GTO is the sole remaining

That GTO is the sole remaining prototype of the original four left.

It's factory yellow and the doors interiors are a little different from the stock GTO.

Basically, it's a one of a kind car.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I heard the buyer bought it fo

I heard the buyer bought it for 800k+ in the late 80's. He also has a nice 512 for sale. Sean - It's not the yellow one you speak of - There is nothing "special" about this one - Only 1500 miles though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts