Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from snowy DC!

Have v

Hello from snowy DC!

Have visited this subject of cam re-profiling in the other board, but am now moving to actually do it. Both WebCam and Dema Elgin seem quite good at this and know what they are talking about, but was curious what experience if any folks have had with the hard welding cam reprofiling.

I have the stock Kjet cams in now, and want to take more advantage of the Webers. Judging from 348 and 355 cam profiles, will probably keep my current exhaust duration and run the intake up to 255 - 260. Both WebCam and Elgin say anything more on a 4v is too much for the street.

Did not want to go much past stock lift. Have opened up the intake with the webers and the exhaust with a cat resonator and tubi, so want to take advantage a bit. Am shooting realistically for about 95 hp/liter.

Any advice welcome.
best to all
Russ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Russ,

Both can Co. choic

Hi Russ,

Both can Co. choices seem fine. I use Web Cam for Porsche stuff. You could give Crower a call, they made complete cams for me back in the day. Rather lenghty process though, if time is a concern.

Welding cams & cranks is old hat these days. Almost all old cams have to be welded up and ground to spec. Many cranks also when bearings or thickness becomes an issue.

The above might sound new or experimental to the new Gen of 308 builders, but this stuff is 20 or more yrs old now and old hat to the V12 restorers. So you don't have anything to worry about with those reworking procedures.

With the lowish compression and mildish overlap of the 308 series engines, I doubt you would run into interference problems if you decided to increase lift.

You could try calling Konieg to see if they have any special 4v cam specs or maybe Prodrive would give you some pointers on lift & overlap specs from their 550 development insights.

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent a set of Daytona stock

I sent a set of Daytona stock cam cores to Web Cams with my specs for the "P6" grind. They did an excellent job. The reprofiled cams are exactly to specifications provided.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JRV and Bill
Many thanks, as

JRV and Bill
Many thanks, as usual - this site rocks for hard technical info.

Now if I could only figure out how to get that final drive down to 3.5:1 or something to help that stump pulling 1st gear and lower the buzzy cruise rpm.

best to everyone
rt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts