Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any electronic have an id

Does any electronic have an idea how to deal with a PIN code that does not disable alarm without remote on a 360?Factory says code is correct and replace alarm unit.Remote works,but one is left and need to program a new set.We are familiar with the procedure so no problem here.
Thanks.Bernard.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The biggest problem I've s

The biggest problem I've seen with Alarm EC's & Pin Code Issues have been caused by corroded/dead batteries in the siren. Those things are the single biggest problem with alarms to date. There is a great write up in the Tech Section on Outsourcing & replacing the battery...but if the board has corroded imo it's hardly worth all the work to get it out & apart & play with it. I just replaced them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The siren has been replaced wi

The siren has been replaced with the updated one as per Technical information,but the Pin code still does not work.Any other suggestions?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it a Euro Version? Had some

Is it a Euro Version? Had some serious problems with the Euro Versions pin codes in the past.

If it's a US Version ...I'd have to guess it must go to the Dealer...because it's either the wrong PC or the computer is refusing access/the update for some reason....which would require a coded access from the factory to bypass the computer entry lock

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a Euro version.Any hint?

It is a Euro version.Any hint?
If we switch left to right the Motronic ECUs have you any idea if it might work?
Of course we would have dedicated the vergin ECU to this car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I had a feeling it was a

Yea, I had a feeling it was a Euro = NO WAY, you will not be able to Switch/Enter new PC's without a Euro Dealers code to access the Alarm Computer (unless you have some very good friends at a Dealer here, that will call Europe for you)....and the Alarm has it's own ECU behind the drivers seat panel...this has nothing to do with the engine ecu's.

What you have is US PC's & a Euro Computer....NOT COMPATIBLE..been there done that!

The computers have a coded work around, but you'll need a very good friend to help you get it. Otherwise you'll need to buy some Euro Alarm Fobs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts