Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide betwe

I'm trying to decide between buying a 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS and a 2000 Porsche Boxter. Either car would only be driven on the weekend. I'm just a little worried about the potential problems that could arise in older cars. They are the same selling price. The porsche has more miles: 35,000 compared to the Ferrari's 15,000. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The value of the Boxter will c

The value of the Boxter will contiue to decline..they're pumping them out like Toyotas. The Ferrari on the other hand will hold or increase in value, although you will have to sink money in on upkeep and preservation! That's the general economics of long term ownership.

The Ferrari is like a beautiful mistresss while the Boxter is like a summer fling....both cost money and are fun to play with..but one you can't seem to let go of or stop thinking about because of some insidious unexplainable emotional love affair that just makes you feel better than anything else in the hidden recess's of heart mind and soul!

If you're a REAL Car Guy you don't just WANT the FERRARI...YOU NEED IT!!!

Only another Car Guy can understand!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with JR. I've owne

I agree with JR. I've owned a 308 GTS, and driven the Boxter. No comparisson. The Boxter is for your
wife. Boring. The 308 is a little harder to live with, but if your passionate about cars, that's exactly what you want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JR and Raymond hit the nail on

JR and Raymond hit the nail on the head. The 308 is a dream car compared to the Boxter. Yes the 308 is hot to drive in the summer time, but once you lift up your skirt and accept the car for what it is, you deal with the little things.

We had an F1 watching party today and about 100 people stopped to look at our 308. I can't see a Boxter getting that kind of attention.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, if you want a car to ge

Well, if you want a car to get the juices flowing that will get you hooked into this whole Ferrari thing get the 308. These are good reliable cars. However they are not, in my opinion, for everyday use. If you are going to use the car as a daily drive get a used P-Boxster or maybe a used NSX.

By the way, check out the Buyer's Guide under Forum Topics. May give you a little insight.

Drew Altemara

1 - 6 of 6 Posts