Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be moving in the next c

I will be moving in the next couple of months, when the State buys my current home. The new home has a 26'W x 36' Deep garage, with 9.5' ceilings.........too low for my Mohawk lift (need 12.5' height). The lift should be installed by late May, or early June.........then I can FINALLY finish my TR major.......haha!!!!!!!!!

After some thought, I decided to have ceiling, and walls, raised to 13'. The 13' section is 26'W x 21' Deep.

Here is a shot of the 13' section. I will be finishing the drywalling this weekend. The next project will be electrical.

Here is a shot while standing beneath the 9.5' section.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The raising of the walls and c

The raising of the walls and ceiling was contraacted out..........it took them about 5 days. I did the insullation, and am currently finishing up the drywalling........should be done today. I will then be laying out the electrical wires, and outlets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool!!!!
(or cold in your

Cool!!!!
(or cold in your case
)

What??, you get about 3 days of Summer this year???

You and David have finally talked me into it!!! I'm selling my House in the " inner burbs"..the property taxes are finally more a month than the mortage...
(WSJ = When to Sell Vol. 162)...I'll let some young couple that needs good schools and a piece of the American Dream have this one....decided to sell and move to where the real estate is cheaper and all the houses come with nice big shops...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Gonna mooooooove, gonna m

"Gonna mooooooove, gonna move to the outskirts of town....."

LOL!

You can have some real Longhorns in your front yard, instead of the concrete statue stuff!

No accident, that AJ Foyt Racing is headquartered in Waller, Texas, you know! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JRV, I just did that. Moved fr

JRV, I just did that. Moved from a lake front home with property tax that hit $14,000 last year to a new 4500 sq ft house with a detached 2000 sq ft all brick shop with interior, heat and air, and bathroom.
(darn, no urinal) with property tax at $1800 per year. did it for the same reason you mentioned. No crime in this rural area, but did notice a goat looking in the shop window. Any one ever heard of China Grove,NC? Loving every minute in the new digs. Glad we did it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
>>No accident, that AJ

>>No accident, that AJ Foyt Racing is headquartered in Waller, Texas<<

OK Waller it is....do we need a Duck pond out back or a Bass pond?????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JRV,

I'll be leaving NY

JRV,

I'll be leaving NY a month from today...and it was a very nice feeling writting that last property/school tax payment. In a recent WSJ article, NY was rated #1 in terms of having the overall highest tax burden...and NH was #49. Alaska had the lowest overall tax burden on its residents!

As to my Ferrari garage, (the "strip mall" part of my new home, as my Dad puts it)...it's a mere 31'x 36', with 13'+ ceilings. The coolest part...radiant heat in the floors.

I'm still leaning towards another Mohawk lift. They're certainly not the cheapest ones out there, but the one in my current home is about 25 years old...and still works just fine.

Regards,
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi David,

I've been usi

Hi David,

I've been using Challenger lifts for more years than I care to remember. They are also not cheap, but they have a low arm array that is adaptable for all but the lowest of cars, along with plenty of built in safety features. My oldest hoist is 18 yrs old and still going strong...PLUS....they come in Red!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
David,

I bought my Mohawk 2

David,

I bought my Mohawk 2-post, 9,000lb, lift back in 2000............paid about $5,000 for it. While expensive, it seems to be almost twice the thickness of steel, used in construction, than the other lifts that I looked at, at that time.

I will be moving it to the new house. Why don't you just do the same with yours?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts