Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to get this bac

I'm hoping to get this back in within the next week....if I can find that damn engine mount washer!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh nice Henry. It sure is good

Oh nice Henry. It sure is good to see owners working on there cars. I don't know about you but for me, I really had any eye opener as to the amount of thought put into the engine by the engineers. After I got my 348 engine back in car, it felt like there was almost no room in there. I was so used to it being out of the car and having all of the room that I need to work. Nice job.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the engine is in. I sli

Well, the engine is in. I slipped the dolly, with engine, beneath the car.......lowered the body, and right on. It took two tries, but a piece of cake........of course, I would NOT have wanted to do this without a lift.....I feel for you, Jeff!!!!

I still need to get some small items.......hope to have it running by next weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats Hank! I think I have

Congrats Hank! I think I have the most trouble with the two large coolant hoses, one to the waterpump and the other to the gooseneck at the top of the motor. I always struggle to get those lined up as the engine goes in. Another hint is to run a small piece of wire through the pathway for the throttle cable, before the engine goes in. It's practically impossible to route the cable with the engine in the car, unless you remove many components. I appreciate your simpathy for me Hank...but this last time I re-installed the motor it went very smoothly. The motor is rolled up to the car on it's wheels and I also use a small floor jack under the front of the engine and tilt it as needed. Then with two large jacks, one on each side, I lower the car inch by inch. Even though I work by myself this method works out well. I'm fairly certain I could remove and install a TR motor with my eyes shut now....getting pretty good at it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jeff. The water pump h

Thanks Jeff. The water pump hose went right in, as the engine was lowered.....haven't attached the upper one yet. I had to buy a new water pump hose, since, I saw a crack in mine.....lucky I caught it.

The main problem is that some of the bolts, going through the frame have bent threads on them. I suspect from hitting the bolt, to line up the frame members, when previous majors where done.......ALL by a Ferrari dealer!!!!!!!!

I still have a lot to do....clutch, headers, axle shafts, and, of course, a "custom" exhaust!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts