Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've noticed a few t

Well, I've noticed a few things about my new 1984 QV, and have some questions. I'm going to put them in order:

1) The driver's side mirror "droops" or flops down--same for the rear view mirror. Any solutions?
2) Seats have gotten a bit dirty after 20+ years, any good suggestions on cleaning them?
3) Is there a way of checking the oil without dragging a dripping dip stick across the engine block?
4) Any car wash instructions/techniques?
5) I'm missing a paddle for one of my console selectors, any good sources for them?
6) Finally, all of those Houston Ferrari owners who wanted to take a drive; I think I'm now available and would love to hear from you.

I really want to get the finer points of Ferrari ownership, especially restoring to factory looks, etc. (don't get me wrong, it's not trashed or anything, but I want to get it up to "showroom code" whenever I can).

By the way, I love this car!

Andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Andrew,

1- the mirrors t

Hi Andrew,

1- the mirrors tighten up with a small pinch bolt/screw at the joint between upper & lower pieces.

2- the leather is surface dyed, about anything strong enough to really clean them also takes dye with it, but I use Lexol cleaner on many cars with good results overall and used carefully it doesn't remove the dye/paint.

3- I use 2 shop rags, one to grab the handle and one under the dip stick as I come across with it.

4- don't get water all over the engine is the main rule.

5- the buttons/knobs can be purchased from Algar or Ferrari UK..not that mush as I recall.

6- I'm sure Jeremy and the others would love to have a new drive buddy...

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JRV. Concerning questi

Thanks JRV. Concerning question #1. How do I get to the pinch bolt assembly? Do I simply use a knife blade and pry off the plastic covering?

Andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Andrew, yes you just pop th

Hi Andrew, yes you just pop the little plastic cover off. It is held in place by an internal little plastic clip on the rear most end.

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Andrew,

I am always avai

Hi Andrew,

I am always available for a drive. One night this week would be great. Shoot me an email.

Looking forward to meeting you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, yes, ... on night a week

yes, yes, ... on night a week would be fantastic! Now that we know the Mapquest map is not EXACTLY CORRECT and where Sonic really is in relation to Cypress Rosehill!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well not this week. I close o

Well not this week. I close on my new house today and the movers come Friday. Not to mention the whole family is camped out at the in-laws and I don't think the wife would take to kindly to me taking off like that.

Next week I'm in Atlanta.

But don't let that stop you guys from meeting this and next week.

Wednesdays are good otherwise for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts