Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading several posts re

After reading several posts regarding failed speedometers, I am pretty sure either my internal coil is bad or some gears are bad instide the speedo cluster. The odomoter still turns, so I'm pretty sure the impulse generator (aka sending unit) is functional. My question is how do I safely and correctly remove the speedometer from dash? I saw a thread that said pop out the two lights and there are some screws back there, but that was for a 328. THe 308 has four lights. How do they pop out? Are there step by step instructions? Pictures would be great!

Thanks so much!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You need to work a small pick

You need to work a small pick under the edges of the 4 lights at the corners of the cluster. They are tight so take your time. When you have removed the lights you will see a screw behind each one about 1 inch behind the face of the cluster. Remove the screws and the cluster will slide out.

Larry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Larry! I assume once I

Thanks Larry! I assume once I get them off, it will be very evident on how the actual speedo comes off so I can send it out for repair.

Thanks again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John there is a little trick I

John there is a little trick I learned that might help you here. Use some fishing line or dential floss and place it around each of the 4 inst pnl lights . Give it a few twists and then pull the lights out. Also use a magnetic screwdriver to remove the for philips head screws. It is a pretty simple operation. Have fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John,

Once you get the plat

John,

Once you get the plate out there are come U shaped clamps that are attached with screw on-off bolts that you remove. Very easy.

Drew Altemara

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definately use tyhe dental flo

Definately use tyhe dental floss/fishing monofilament trick to get the lamp carriers off the plate..

They have two retaining 'tangs' that may well give up as you remove them..

I wrapped mine up in two sided tape once repairs complete, and jammed them back in...many years ago.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts