Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda new boy, Rubens Barriche

Honda new boy, Rubens Barrichello has predicted that the Brackley based squad will do better than his old team, Ferrari in 2006.

Barrichello, who will test for Honda for the first time next week in Jerez, added that while the former BAR team have yet to win, he is sure they will break their duck this year.

"I hope that I can do as many miles as possible and compare everything [in the run-up to the first race in Bahrain]," the Brazilian told the official Honda F1 website.

"The programme for the new car, the RA106, looks good and we'll just have to take it to the track and see how it goes.

"I am very excited about driving for a new team, especially for Honda, because the reason why I never left Ferrari is because I did not think that there was anything better. Right now there is something better and I hope that I can help move the team forward and see if I can fulfil my dream of winning the championship.

"I think that the team has everything except a race win – and I hope that this is where I can help."

Asked if he had any other ambitions in his first year with the Honda Racing F1 team, Rubens added that there are 'no limits' to his 'imagination'.

"Obviously we want to keep our feet on the ground though," he continued, "and with everyone at the team trying to improve last year's car we are in a strong position. I can bring some of my experience to improve the whole package and I really believe we can win races this year."

AUTOCOURSE

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=1&nid=123692

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't know about bitter,

I don't know about bitter, maybe so, but I would think he is a little scared right now. Just a little, he is a veteran and has been with other teams. But now he does not have the Ferrari organization behind him and does not have the excuse that he has to be the No. 2 driver. I like Rubens, but don't think he has the piss and vineger to be P1.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honda, like Ferrari & Duca

Honda, like Ferrari & Ducati is a race team, with an umbilical cord to a car manufacturer. I'd never bet against Honda, once they make up their mind. Once they bought BAR, it is all but guaranteed that they'll be world champs sooner or later.

Art

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hondas Been there before so yo

Hondas Been there before so you can Never count then out,they are serious about winning, BUTTTTTTTTTT.....I think Ferrari will reimerge, as this is Shumi's last chance at his age and he will give it his all, and he is by far the Best Driver in F1 at this point. But....if Ferrari starts making excuses early in the season it spells toast for them & Michael imo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The comparison of Honda and Ferrari is difficult to describe. There is huge difference between them. Honda Biker Goes Nuts After Passing a Ferrari 430 Scuderia in Brazil. Ferrari 360 challenge new Honda Civic Type-R.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts