Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day finally arrived, the c

The day finally arrived, the car Passed the smog test, and I drove my Boxer home last night!
Gary bobileff called in the morning and I found a buddy to run me down there muy rapido! There were still several things on it that needed to be completed, like paying for it, and tuning it again. So I cooled my heals, lent a hand, ogled my car, ogled a couple Daytonas, a bunch of Muiras, two other boxers including a 365, my car some more, and generally tried to be patient! Yeah sure, everyone there knew I was so excited I could hardly stand it!
They finally cut me loose with the car about 4:30. I made it out of the shop, around the block, and right into rush hour traffic!! The main street was bad, and the freeway even worse! All those damn cars getting tooo close to me! Yikes, don't you people know I just bought this thing! Don't you know I barely know how to drive it! I took an offramp about five miles down the freeway, drove over to my best friends house, and waited for her to get home from work.
Then today, to make up for yesterdays traffic and not being able to run her up to 7 grand in all five gears, I took my new baby for a nice long drive up in the foothills. Never did hit 7 grand, but did run her up to 5 a couple times! Pheew! This car is diffently a case of love at first drive!
And now when I want to ogle it, I just need to look in the garage!
Smilin' John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Way to go John thats great,I k

Way to go John thats great,I knew it would pass. What kind of smog numbers did it get?

When I got my first a 328 I would sometimes wake up and go look at it in the night to make sure it was really mine and still there, it was like seeing it all over again new.

You never get tired of looking at these cars, with my 328 parked next to my Boxer the Boxer takes the show easily, but I still enjoy driving the 328 though and appreciate its reliabilty. The Boxer got some new jewlery today from Italy, 4 new Cavallino 3 eared knock offs, really adds a nice touch to the car.

Have fun

Regards

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff!
And great on th

Thanks Jeff!
And great on the knock-offs! They do look really nice!
Smog # were good, with 2 new Cats on, but I guess the car would barely run. At 15, and 25 MPH on the treadmill they use in Ca., RPM was 1853, and 2184. %CO2 was 14.1, and 14.4. %O2 was 1.2, and 1.0. HC (PPM)was 17 and 47. CO(%) was .02, and .02. and NO (PPM) was 322 and 275.
Must look sharp with 2 F-cars in the garage! Where's the 911?
John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only have a 2 car garage, 930

Only have a 2 car garage, 930 is stuck outside.

Wow thats really low CO and HC,no wonder it did not want to run. I am happy with 2.5CO and 300HC catless at idle,leans out to about 1.2CO at 1800 and 200HC, car seems to like it as well, so far as I am half way through as I have done the bottom ports on the headers, next is the top 6, its a lot of work though even with a gas analyzer especially if problems show up like misfires and air leaks.Once done though it will be worth the effort and the car should be set for quite awhile and if needed again it will be easier the next time.

After you've run your car for awhile rap it out to 7000 rpm, makes quite a noise and you'll blow some of the carbon out the car probably has from just being started occasionally, idled, and not driven.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, made quite a delicious n

Haha, made quite a delicious noise at 5 grand! And I can feel RPM increases coming as I get comfortable with the car. Even just driving easy and shifting at 3500/4000 RPM the engine just sounds fantastic!
Had a funny thing happen today. I'd pulled off on the side of a backroad, thinking of a photo op of my car, and a highway patrol cop drove by, turned around, then pulled up behind me! Ask me if it was broke down, smiled, then said he couldn't just drive by a Ferrari if it was having problems! It really surprised me as these guys don't stop for anything short of death, and/or to hand out tickets! He asked a few questions regarding my new ride, then asked if it was the one with the 12 cylinder engine! I grinned 'Yeah'. Wow! he said, Enjoy! and then he was on his way. Nice, but I hope I don't see him when I punch It!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha,
Get used to it, Ferraris

Ha,
Get used to it, Ferraris create all types of hysteria, good and bad especially the Boxer people seem to freak when they see one which I can't blame them, I did the same if I saw one on the road which has been about 3 times in 25 years.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a beautiful story John

That is a beautiful story John. Congrats!!! I wish you many happy miles....

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi.......

Just like any oth

Hi.......

Just like any other demographic groups, the police and highway patrol ranks contain both automobile "freaks" and people who think that they are just devices to get from point A to point B.

Love the ones in the former group !!

Enjoy !!

Frank.........23005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took her for another drive tod

Took her for another drive today, somehow another hundred miles, and what a blast! The road was nice, twisty, curvy, with some good straights. Most I did in 2nd gear, well up in the torgue range, and 3rd for the straights. And luckily didn't meet my cop buddy from yesterday!
After two days and 200 miles, gotta say I'm lovin' it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks beautiful John,

Could

Looks beautiful John,

Could be my cars twin other than my side mirrors are black.

Nothing like a ride in a desolate road in a Ferrari.

Regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts