Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JRV,

Interesting ideas here

JRV,

Interesting ideas here I have never thought about.

The thermo time switch is that what Ferrari calls the "intake compensator solenoid valve"? If not then the 348 has no TTS. What is the ICSV?

My problems are hot and cold.

<<imo>>

YES...Air gap is not adjustable on the 348's and is within book spec.
<<
<<couple>>

This is good. no leaks at vac valve. I get correct pressure on idle, and increasing rpms, and proper hold time.

<<>> Yes all o. k.

<<>> Could this be an issue if the fuel pressure and delivery are good?

<<>> NO! Good idea. I have never taken this off the car but done just about everything else on the 348's. How does that manifold balance valve pin on the top of the manifold come off so I can take the top half of the manifold off? Do I have to take the entire manifold off and widget off the central manifold valve rod off to get the whole thing apart? If I take the Throttle position switch area out I can see inside the manifold. How should the manifold balance valve look? How does this valve effect cold and hot starting? By the way I have a solid flywheel so I have no grease issues.

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
JRV,

Sorry I'm a compur

JRV,

Sorry I'm a compurter dope...

Interesting ideas here I have never thought about.

The thermo time switch is that what Ferrari calls the "intake compensator solenoid valve"? If not then the 348 has no TTS. What is the ICSV?

My problems are hot and cold.

""IMO it seems unlikely a tdc sensor would cause only cold start issues. They can cause general starting issues if the air gap is to large, but I'm sure you've taken that into account.""

YES...Air gap is not adjustable on the 348's and is within book spec.
""Couple other things just came to mind, Fuel Pressure Regulator Condition""

This is good. no leaks at vac valve. I get correct pressure on idle, and increasing rpms, and proper hold time.
"" Vacum Leaks"" Yes all o. k.

"" the Fuel Pump Screens (inside the tanks)condition."" Could this be an issue if the fuel pressure and delivery are good?
"" Have you checked to insure the Manifold Balance Valve isn't stuck open?"" NO! Good idea. I have never taken this off the car but done just about everything else on the 348's. How does that manifold balance valve pin on the top of the manifold come off so I can take the top half of the manifold off? Do I have to take the entire manifold off and widget off the central manifold valve rod off to get the whole thing apart? If I take the Throttle position switch area out I can see inside the manifold. How should the manifold balance valve look? How does this valve effect cold and hot starting? By the way I have a solid flywheel so I have no grease issues.

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BB,

find pics of TTswitches

BB,

find pics of TTswitches here: http://www.ferrari-talk.com/discus/messages/5/791.html?1064757818

maybe Ferrari just calls them temp switches.

The crossover flap should normally be closed, you should be able to check by drawing a vacum on the actuator valve underneath the IM. The top won't come off without first taking the entire manifold loose (of course {
}) or maybe just one side minimum? very difficult with engine in the car, but possible.

Can you get some start-up CO readings?

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at your picture... ar

Looking at your picture... are you talking about the Black switch called a thermistor as the thermo time switch or are you thinking about the 2 blue coolant temperature switches as regulating the start-up CO? I thought the 2 blue ones regulated start-up CO. I do not know what the black one is for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BB,

yes the 2 blue ones con

BB,

yes the 2 blue ones control start-up CO, the black sensor in the middle is the temp gauge sender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts