Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to refill the s

Is it possible to refill the steering rack without removing the rack from the car. It looks tight and I also believe there is a risk of loosing the spring if you remove the top cover. I assume you loose some of the fluid when the rack boot tears so thats why my question. Anyone have any tricks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The racks have a tiny amount o

The racks have a tiny amount of fluid orinally, but the gears have grease. I've never seen either solve a rack problem. The solution is having the rack rebuilt, which also cures the end bushing problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the bushing p

I don't have the bushing problem yet just had a rack boot tear and spread a little grease. OM says it has .33pints of 85W-90W gear lub in it and I was wondering if anyone had a way of replacing the fluid without removing the rack. Just asking

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
take the spare tire tub out. I

take the spare tire tub out. I did used screws to put it back in, now I can take it out anytime I want. Very usefull for radiator problems too and adding fluid to the rack.

Kelly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.