Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AFTER SEARCHING A WHILE FOR

AFTER SEARCHING A WHILE FOR A 365BB I HAVE LEARNED FROM AFEW OF THE MOST KNOWLEDGABLE FERRARI GUYS IN NORTHAMERICA (CAN'T SAY WHO) THAT A SCARY (A MUCH BIGGER PERECNTAGE THAN MOST OF US REALISE) AMOUNT OF GREYMARKET FERRARIS IN NORTHAMERICA WERE STOLEN AND THEN BROUGHT INTO NORTHAMERICA !!!

AN OTHER GREY MARKET EXPERT TOLD ME THERE ARE 5 308S IN USA WITH THE EXACT SAME VIN !

HE ALSO TOLD ME THERE ARE 3 365BB IN THE USA WITH THE SAME VIN!!!!

AND HE MADE IT CLEAR THAT THESE ARE NOT ISOLATED CASES

IAM NOT TRYING TO PUT DOWN GREYMARKET CARS...I WANT A BB AND THEY ARE ALL GREY

JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE OWNER OF THE ORIGINAL CAR FINDS OUT A CAR IS FORSALE IN NORTHAMERICA WITH THE SAME SERIAL NUMBER AS HIS CAR IN HIS GARAGE 10FT AWAY?????????

ANY INSIGHT ANYONE WITHOUT MENTIONING SPECIFIC SERIAL NUM,BERS??????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Frank,

This sort of story i

Frank,

This sort of story is obviously disturbing, never mind the credibility issues or your sources. Why not bring it all out in the open and disclose the sources and serial numbers in question.

And yes...all BBs were grey. It sure would seem that of the 10-30 365BBs that are here in the States, that if three did have the same SN, one of the owners would certainly know about this, by now...

Inquiring minds want to know...

Regards,
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't believe the number

I don't believe the number was Near as large as the insinuation here. Also these issues were resolved many, many years ago in the few instances I know about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL! Nice car but they'll

LOL! Nice car but they'll need to spell a little better for $110K........

"The Car/RV/Land Guys"...everything you need, right?

Anyone here can vouch for this dealer??
On the cars, not the Land Deals.........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe back in the late 70s or

Maybe back in the late 70s or 80s this could have happened, but I think their is a statuate of limitations on something as this the newest of the Boxers are 20 years old now,I seriously doubt anyone is stealing them now as there a limited number of buyers that want a old BB, I also doubt DOT could care less on older cars whether they are legal or not if they have been here awhile, they have bigger fish to fry and much more volume of cars with more modern Ferraris and other makes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.