Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Happy New Year!!

Hi everyone, Happy New Year!!
My GT4's speedo has started behaving strangely, the speedo itself is working fine, the speed is acurate and the needle moves perfectly... BUT
the odometer has stopped!
I reset the trip control to 0 and it has moved only 6/10's of a mile in about 50 miles and the odometer has completley stopped moving..
Has anyone else seen this before; can it be fixed?
Regards
Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sounds like an internal proble

Sounds like an internal problem to the unit, vs. sender or wiring harness problem....

Palo Alto Speedo is the place!

I think removal is more difficult than in the GTBs though...watch sharp edges on the side trims as you remove/loosen them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine just went crazy and stopp

Mine just went crazy and stopped reading altogether!

*tapping on glass lens*

*tap.....tap......tap......*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Alan
tried the tap tap

Thanks Alan
tried the tap tap remedy and it makes no difference but cured the oil pressure guage! Maybe when its out I can turn back time by a few miles ;-) (joking but tempting)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds like the internal co

It sounds like the internal coil in your speedo has gone bad. Will need to be rebuilt and calibrated correctly. Palo Alto Speedo is good, but there is a heck of a wait. Speedometer plus in LA is excellent as well, and there is almost no wait. They are also cheaper, and you can get hold of them 6 days a week. Communication is fantastic. I have been using them for years with various Ferrari and Porsche gauge issues. Just my $.02. Good luck - john

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks John
Do you know of an

Thanks John
Do you know of anyone in the UK that can do this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John thanks for the alternate

John thanks for the alternate vendor!

Nick I forgot you were across the pond.......you'll have to scout around over there and find out who services Veglia instrumentation..VDO is easy to find but Veglia is harder.......

Check the ads for speedometer services and call around. No fair rolling back but you don't have to RUSH to fix it! LOL!

Especially if you still have speed readings...that may not last for long though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts