Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove my first Pantera today

I drove my first Pantera today and It was a disaster. The car overheated on Pacific coast highway right In the middle of beach traffic. Wehad to let it cool down for a couple hours before we drove it home.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Panteras are well known for ov

Panteras are well known for overheating.

To the Pantera guys: isn't there a mod where the water flow is reversed to help with the overheating isues?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you looked at Vipers?...

Have you looked at Vipers?...

On Lambo-Talk there is a lot of talk about how awesome they are for the money.

They were also saying that just about the best bang for the buck right now is the Zo6 corvettes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jrv,

I live In southern Cal

Jrv,

I live In southern California and I see high school kids driving Zo6's. No offense to Zo6 owners, It's just not my cup of tea.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A Pantera should not overheat

A Pantera should not overheat if the cooling system is in reasonable condition. I had a 71 Pre-L for about 5 years and never had a problem. I had the radiator flushed and two after market fans installed. This is in Alabama in 90+ deg F weather. I liked the car. Lots of low end power torque for the money. At $25M great car for the money. Heavily modified at $60M, I'd dig a little deeper and get a Boxer.

See this thread
http://www.ferrari-talk.com/discus/messages/22/1768.html

There are also a couple of others if you do a search.

JRV, I'm going to have to take a look at the Viper and Z06 threads on Lambo-Talk. Always liked both those cars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
donaciano, how did you like it

donaciano, how did you like it before it overheated? Were both fans operational? Stock radiator should be good enough, but it has to be in perfect condition, all baffles in good shape. Wasn't this the car with $50K in upgrades by Wilkerson? If so, he should be ashamed of himself. Don't give up on the Pantera, still your best valued Exotic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The car is supposed to have th

The car is supposed to have the upgraded radiator
and fans. I don't know why the car overheated. This was the Wilkinson Pantera with 50k In upgrades. I enjoyed driving the car my only problem was I am not used to such a heavy clutch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunate to hear about the

Unfortunate to hear about the overheating, early standard factory cars were known for that but most should have been sorted, why not get the vendor to call steve wilkinson and check out if that money has been spent? overheating should be a thing of the past on any good pantera, also the clutch is heavy but not unduly so! maybe it is nearing replacement or the release bearing is worn, there are good cars out there, could be you need to look elsewhere,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well a Ferrari clutch is much

Well a Ferrari clutch is much stiffer than the Pantera. I still can't used to my 348 snapping back at me. I just flat out don't like it. I remember my 308 being the same way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts