Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any guess's as to the real

Any guess's as to the real future of F1???

I feel there is change in the wind.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
how about this... Ever since B

how about this... Ever since Bernie started his new deal with the constructors and paid only Ferrari some big money, Ferrari has dropped back on the grid and seems to have trouble in the races. Shades of Pro wrestling WWE? Does make for more interesting racing. Mclaren seems to be spending more time on the racing instead of decorating their new megashop, and it is showing. They said at last race that Toyota has $800 million that can be spent this year. Their engine budget was quoted at $160 million this year. Big numbers, I wonder if it can continue and who will play. I remember when Porsche killed the Can Am series by winning all the time, so I am sure that will play into F1. Can't have all big fish in a small pond.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhhhh...someone else noticed

Ahhhhh...someone else noticed that just when the teams were about to split off that Ferrari began to struggle...did seem suspiciously convieniet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think that Ferrari is using Be

Think that Ferrari is using Bernie's cash to ballast their cars and can't quite get the balance right leading to handling and mechanical problems. F1 may end up like Nascar---Sports entertainment. Not 60 car FF grids like my wife drove in. Sometimes I think that the only real racing is in club racing where we have several classes of cars that are way faster than most pro class racing and way more than 15 car grids.. But, today its all about the money, and the "show" It would be interesting if current technology would lower the costs instead of driving it up. Seems like the computer industry did that over the years. We have data loggers in club that will do what a high end Motec system can do and this year it costs about 80% less than a Motec. Where is all the new lower cost tech showing up? not in F1, for sure. throw enought money at any race car and it will get faster, but what fun is racing against other teams that can't spend that kind of money and are slower. Like the 917 Porsche, it turns into a 1 car race.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder the same things Bob.

I wonder the same things Bob. It's interesting to watch these things over a long period. But it does tend to spoil the innocent fun of it all!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, if you not finishing in a

So, if you not finishing in a podium position, you don't complete the race and drive into the garage and save your engine for next week? At least Honda is cheating (fuel cell) in an effort to WIN. Pro Racing is getting like the public school system. Lets dumb it down until everyone wins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts