Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the torque sp

Does anyone have the torque specs for the valve cover nuts and also the valve cover ends. I also need the specs on the cam clips. (In the engine)
Please check out the picture. Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
78 in-lbs....(6.5 ft-lbs.&

78 in-lbs....(6.5 ft-lbs.)
Best to use a 1/4" drive torque wrench.

Regards,
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carlo,

If these studs shown

Carlo,

If these studs shown in your photos are 6 x1.00mm thread pitch (as they are on virtually all DOHC Ferrari engines), the torque figures I'm supplying are correct...

If still in doubt, call another dealer, to be safe.

Regards,
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David what would you think the

David what would you think the valve cover studs
would be for torque.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Carlo,

In theory, the torqu

Carlo,

In theory, the torque figure should be the same, as the thread diameter and pitch are the same. However, the nuts and washers used on the cam journals are of a higher grade than what is typically used on the valve covers.

So, to best answer your question, I use a slightly lower torque of 72 inch-lbs on the valve covers and end plates. It is very easy to over-torque the valve cover studs...and pull the studs out of the aluminum heads, so caution is in order.

Saldy, in all of the work shop manuals that Ferrari has produced over the years, they have been somewhat elusive as to the precise torque required on these fasteners. Standardized torque tables and common sense come into play here...

Regards,
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your the best David. This wil

Your the best David. This will make my night run very smooth. I will show you a picture when I get done. Thanks Carlo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is their a correct torque for

Is their a correct torque for the 2 tenisoner bearings and the 4 cam bolts. Do you guys use lock tight on these areas. Thanks Carlo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes there are Torgue values fo

Yes there are Torgue values for the Bolts you mention & yes I use Locktight (Blue) on the Cam gear bolts & a small swipe of copper silicone on the oring (mostly as a lubricant to prevent the oring from galling & as a touch of extra protection against leaks), locktight is not neccesary on the tensioners because they use locknuts and spring washers.

I'll have to look up the specs as I don't try to memorize some things, because a smart guy once told me, unlike the human memory, the book always remembers things exactly the same no matter how many times you look at the page!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jrv
Have you been able to fi

Jrv
Have you been able to find the torque specs for the cam bolts and the timming belt bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.