Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While doing the major, I was w

While doing the major, I was wondering if anyone has removed their AIS?

While mine works, it would be nice to have less plumbing, etc........so one can more easily get to more important components.

Any thoughts?

Jeff: Have you removed yours?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Henry.

even though the AIS

Henry.

even though the AIS is junky and pieces rust away, I try to preserve, repair, clean, replace whenever possible to keep the systen intact and functioning. Even though it might not be neccesary for emisions in one particular localle right now, one never knows where the car may go in the future. The system truly doesn't harm anything by staying on the engine and prefferably intact imo. And with cars that have CATS it helps insire that the CATS warm up fast and last as long as possible.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Henry: Yes, I've removed

Henry: Yes, I've removed my car's system. It really cleaned up the engine bay area. I had to make block off plates for the ports on the underside of the heads. There are a couple of nuts or bolts that are VERY hard to get to, but patience gets the job done. JRV's point about keeping it on the car is a good one, should the car's next owner be in a sniffer state. My system was not working so I decided to remove it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys this is my first post

Hi guys this is my first post here. I did away with it as well. Car runs fine. One of the valves broke so I did away with the whole system. I don't have cats anyway but the car still passes very strict NY emmissions with flying colors. Less weight on the motor anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff: Did you remove the brac

Jeff: Did you remove the bracket, or did it have to stay, due to some other attachment?

Billy: Wellcome!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Henry: I removed everything.

Henry: I removed everything. The only thing left is the electrical connector for the pump and the studs that the motor mounted to. Other than this it's ALL gone. And good riddence as far as I'm concerned. It adds a lot of weight for very little in return. And we all know how "weight-challenged" TRs are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.