Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JRV...I followed your advice a

JRV...I followed your advice and called Frank...what a nice gentleman he is. He asked who referred me to him and I told him you. He seemed happy to hear that. Anyhoo...I also checked with Hal Rogers and his price on a cap was $225 plus shipping from the U.K. Frank's price was $220.....so I ordered one. Thank You again everyone for your help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I can't get one of t

Since I can't get one of the screws out of the old dist. cap...I don't suppose the new cap I ordered will have them? So I'm faced with destroying the old cap or finding another screw. We have no foreign car parts here in my small town. Anyone have an extra screw they'd like to part with...I'll glady pay you for your trouble. Thanks a Lot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL !! Okay.....my heart rate

LOL !! Okay.....my heart rate is coming down now. He He He !! (I know I get anal sometimes)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Jeff,
I have lost track o

Hey Jeff,
I have lost track on your progress on your TR, other than the cap how is it going??? Hope your leak is fixed now and moving foward!! I have had a few problems myself with a short in my fuse panel that run one of my rad fans!! But thanks to everyone here, JRV, Henry etc.. its fixed and running great!!!

Take Care..Robert

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Robert: Things are going o

Hi Robert: Things are going okay I suppose. I can only hope I fixed the oil leak, no way to know until the motor is back in the car and running....and then it's too late to do anything about it. I also rebuilt the water pump, that was a real pain in the butt. I've heard lots of horror stories about even the smallest scratch or nick in the aluminum causing a leak that's impossible to fix. I was as careful as I could be and again simply hope for the best. Once I get the new dist. cap installed, I'll throw the motor back in and start cleaning and detailing the car. We have a pretty big carshow on Mother's Day weekend and weather permitting I want to take my TR to it.

I totally agree with you about the great people here. As you can see from this thread they are an indespensible help. I'd be totally lost if not for ftalk...no doubt about it. I'm glad to hear your car is doing well...that's gotta feel great!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jeff - just a thought, and wil

Jeff - just a thought, and wild as it may be, it has worked for me. When rebuilding several Dino engines (246), a few 308s, and a Porsche or two, I have always started the engine while out of the car, sitting on the garage floor. It is not difficult to do. Requires a 1 gallon fuel jug, battery, and some after market hoses and an old radiator.

I start the engine (rock steady on the floor with nothing to hold it down). Let it achieve operating temperature (15 minutes of runing revs up and down with an aftermarket temp gauge in one of the hoses) and then shut down. Do this through 10 cycles or so, and you are ready to retorque heads and readjust valves before placing engine in car (much easier).

THE BIG ADVANTAGE is that you get to look for oil leaks before installing engine. Takes a few hours to hook things up on the floor, but it works great.

For what it is worth.

Jim S.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Jeff,
I will cross my fing

Hi Jeff,
I will cross my fingers for you, all the time you have put in it, is bound to be just fine!! Keeping these redheads happy is no easy task, but when they running well there is nothing like it!! Had mine out yesterday, still have a smile on my face!!

I let my good friend drive my car last Saturday, he has a 308, first time he drove a TR, he is now going to buy one!! He said " look what you have done to me!!" once you drive a flat 12, your done!! Got to love it..
Keep me posted on your progress..
Robert

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank You Robert....I apprecia

Thank You Robert....I appreciate your support. Yeah....these darn Testarossas.....I love 'em dearly!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts