Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that Is very c

I have a friend that Is very close to spending 65k to purchase a Detomaso Pantera. I told my friend for that kind of money he could buy a 348 Spider,Testarossa and possibly a 355 coupe. He feels that the Pantera will hold It's value better than the F-cars I have mentioned. He Is also concerned about the cost of Ferrari maintenance. I told him that the Pantera market Is very thin and I would doubt that he could get back his 65k when he tries to sell it. Can you give me some more ammunition to try and steer him clear of the Pantera.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sounds like he wants a pantera

Sounds like he wants a pantera, let him have what he wants. he'll be happy. Sorry I couldn't help more. What panteras go for 65k?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car Is a ground up restora

The car Is a ground up restoration with 10k original miles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
agree with V..let him buy what

agree with V..let him buy what he wants..it's his money!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As a previous Pantera owner, I

As a previous Pantera owner, I couldn't see $65K for one no matter what's been done to it, They're a great value for around $35-40K and that should get you a great one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gary Green, Michael Alpert, Ta

Gary Green, Michael Alpert, Tatters, etc. etc

Did not we go through this last year?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
>>Gary Green, Michael

>>Gary Green, Michael Alpert, Tatters, etc. etc

Did not we go through this last year? <<

Tayyter Tot was a funny handle!!!!

you ever think Sam that this guy is "possesed" wth the F Bug?

I'm not encouragig Trolls Sam...but some of the so called "losers" might get a job some day and actually become benificial members of society?????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If he's so possesed maybe

If he's so possesed maybe he could actually take the time to register to the site. It's not that hard to become an official member of the community and establish a baseline for yourself.

Vincent.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If "whatever his real name

If "whatever his real name is" would just be real and say, "hi, I am 17, just starting my senior year at El Camino High School in Woodland Hills and I like Ferrari's" That would be great. Instead he comes up with this I have a 355, I want a pantera, I am trying to convince a friend about getting a pantera crap.

Drop the act and get real. You will find that most if not all f-car owners are normal people that welcome fans of the car. Most can also smell crap coming.

See the difference Tatters?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with what Sam and Vinc

I agree with what Sam and Vincent said above. I had surfed this site for a while, but then decided to register (only took two minutes) and become a member. He should do the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts