Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be repeating a previous

I may be repeating a previous thread (sorry). Are there any existing v12 - 308 conversions? How did they perform? Are the plans for the conversion still available?
Thx..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I believe 2 still exist, I bel

I believe 2 still exist, I believe the one I built is now in England.

The one I built was an S, David Goldberg built the first one the B from the Road & Track article.

If I get some rime I'll post a series of build pics one of these days.

The performance was amazing!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are plans still avaialable fro

Are plans still avaialable from Goldberg? I assume your plans are still intact? Thx.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there are 4---the 4th and last

there are 4---the 4th and last one is here in Atlanta--black gtsi

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is a blue one in the uk

there is a blue one in the uk built by mansell ferrari and there is another but cant remember the details

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe the one I built was

I believe the one I built was sold to the UK a number of years ago (what I heard anyway)..a LHD 78, 365 S.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The plans are still available,

The plans are still available, and I've got a copy.

But it's not like a set of Lego instructions or anything. It's a good outline, but it would still require A LOT of work to do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Having a copy of the intructio

Having a copy of the intructions is a good start, but I made many changes along the way, including the addition of AC and many mods to the original design for strenght, servicability and ease of installation. And a full Machinist and Full Machine Shop was neccesary to complete the project. 15 yrs ago the project cost about $60K (not including the donor 308)!! And at the end, a gear change was neccesary because the car was a bullet to 130 but it needed way more legs...1st & 2nd were merely two blinks of an eye!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts