Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
Here is a questi

Hi Everyone!
Here is a question for you guys in the know!
Its seems to me that as soon as you tell the Autoshop what car the parts are for, the price trebles, I found this with my 18" wheels, for a Ferrari £1500 for a volvo £600. Therefore, does anyone know whether Volvo brake upgrade kits could/woul;d fit a 308 GT4?
They both have disks all round and hand brakes on the rear.
Regards
Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Nick,

Have you tried the

Hi Nick,

Have you tried the guys at Superformance I find them very helpful.
If not the chaps at QV London give free technical advice and have lots of experience.

Cheers!

Mark.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There needs to be some work he

There needs to be some work here to make this fit. Although the bolt circle is the same there is a major difference in the distance from the rotor surface and the mounting face of the rotor. This changes the relationship of the caliper mounting. So you would need to build an adapter bracket to mount the caliper. Next is the center hole of the Volvo rotor is larger so to be a hub centric mount you need to build an insert. As for the hand brake , Volvo uses an internal drum brake so this would be a problem in mounting the brake shoes. So the net is it can be done but there is work to make it happen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cost and parts of a Volvo

The cost and parts of a Volvo brake upgrade are exactly the same as these for a Ferrari, as the center bore and offset step have to be machined anyway.

But, as always, Ferrari owners have to pay more. In the near future we will even have to pay more if we buy a gallon of gas...

There are things that really suck... why does every idiot think he can rip off Ferrari owners?

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"why does every idiot thin

"why does every idiot think he can rip off Ferrari owners? "

Beacause they can - and they get away with it.
Hence my looking for alternative sources.

Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts