Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so we've been weened o

Ok, so we've been weened off for the better half of 3 days and already feel the pain!

What do we do now?!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it would be nice if this site

it would be nice if this site were to get more populated as it is a quality site as conceived by jr. there are generally very good people over here and the technically lightweight portion has remained on f-chat where as people here generally need help w/ tech issues and ...they get the help they need here in spades!

btw...what is the problem w/ f-chat? was it really hacked?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greg,
If you are pained by F

Greg,
If you are pained by Ferrari-chat there is always soap operas on TV. No soap operas f-talk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am SO happy that F-chat has

I am SO happy that F-chat has what's coming to it!

I'm thrilled to hear that the server has(apparently) been hacked (probably by the same pack of lowlifes who were trying to hack my company server last year as I became the target of organized abuse by F-chat's Rob Laid and his minions of losers).

Most of F-chat drives 1/18 scale models

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wyo550, I do not know what hap

Wyo550, I do not know what happened to you or f-chat, but that is not anice thing to say/post. To me it is like saying "I'm thrilled their daughter got raped by the same lowlifes that raped my daughter." I know that is extreme, just trying to make a point.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They said by Monday it should

They said by Monday it should be completely restore. We just have to wait and see.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
F-chat has changed over the fo

F-chat has changed over the four years I've been on it.
It hasn't been for the better. If it was hacked I wouldn't be surprised.
The BS quantity has gone up while the useful info quantity has stayed even.
So while I prefer F-talk- there needs to be more visitors to the site- without losing the quality of the visitors.
Tough thing to ask for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do not think it would be tou

I do not think it would be tough if people did not feed the trolls. How many times do you have to respond to my (chevy,ford,toyota,etc) is faster than your $200k ferrari?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Different strokes for differen

Different strokes for different folks. Ftalk doesn't have the post count that some other sites do, but if you could only see the hit count on the back end. People from all over the world want to know what we have to say. That is a true reflection of the quality members and technical experts that reside here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's back down again. Real

It's back down again. Really getting to be a pain now. Kinda tired of checking back to see if it is working.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Frank
Start some dicussio

Hi Frank
Start some dicussions here
I feel for the people that run F-chat. Server problems suck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well this site has a new owner

Well this site has a new owner a magazine publishing company so they have $$$ and resources, IMO they should revamp this site style wise and try and recruit Ferrari owner members here, F Chat has alot of noise from non owners that think they know everything such as a few idiots from L Power such as Pantera etc, the real owners are great on F Chat but it does get irritating from the trolls.

So Administrators of this site now is your opportunity to step up to the plate here and get this site going, thats all it needs and and it will continue to snowball.

Im not saying this site needs to replace F Chat but nothing wrong with alternative sites that each offer something different. I have slowed my posting here over the last year simply from the lack of traffic that appears to visit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like a good idea. I fre

Sounds like a good idea. I frequent many sites that I am a member of. I always liked this site because JR kept pretty strict control of the trouble makers. I do not visit often because it seemed really dedicated to older models such as the 308.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What I really like about this

What I really like about this site, is that it has only TRUE Ferrari OWNERS AND ENTHUSIASTS!!! No B.S.!

The other site is full of Losers, Trolls, Non Owners, Other Marque owners that don't have their own site to go to, Ferrari haters, Geeks and Grade & High School kids that want to "try" to be "cool" by telling their buds and school chums that they associated with something, anything that has the name "FERRARI" in it!

And, they are just asking for trouble when they have all of those "Non Ferrari related" forums. There are already thousands of other sites that have that crap. Leave it there! And keep a Ferrari site about Ferrari....Just like THIS ONE IS!! That will eliminate alot of the "Non Ferrari types".

I often wonder,(and cringe) thinking of what Ferrari in Italy thinks when they look at that site and see all of the Crap and B.S. that goes on under the Ferrari name....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Glad to be back. I deleted Fch

Glad to be back. I deleted Fchat for awhile and went back on just a month ago. Still the same and when I posted something in the racing section boy was I greeted with a nice tag team from 2 idiots there. God forbid you post anything that is not acceptable to the in crowd there. This is a much better forum and why do you guys even miss that site. The world turns nicely without it as always.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts