Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy my first Ferrari

I want to buy my first Ferrari and I want it to be a good experience. I have read all the nightmare maintenance Issues and I have to admit they scare me. I plan on driving the vehicle less than 5000 miles a year. How much should I look to spend yearly on repairs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Get a ´84- ´85 308 QV. Last on

Get a ´84- ´85 308 QV. Last one I had was super reliable. If the vehicle is well documented regarding up to date service history, your maintenance will be limited to fluids changed and minor stuff. Buy the best car you can afford and don´t be scared away by higher mileage. My ´84 QV had 65K miles, no leaks, good a/c on a hot day, and I did all my own minor service. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The amount budgeted for purcha

The amount budgeted for purchase will have an effect on this. I prefer older cars with chain driven camshafts. This avoids the repetitive and expensive timing belt changes. Go get a Daytona!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All,

Gary was banned from

All,

Gary was banned from the other chat site for wasting everone's time with usless questions.

Please, Do not feed the trolls.

Do not let Ferrari-talk becomse ferrari**at

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Gary was banned from the

"Gary was banned from the other chat site for wasting everone's time with usless questions."

Maybe so but his question was relevant to the general section and anyone reading this thread in the future, looking for the same information, will benefit from all of the knowledgeable responses that have followed. Not a bad thing IMO.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RE::planning on driving less t

RE::planning on driving less than 5000 miles a year:

The major service interval (30 K miles) belt change will cost on the order of $6000, or $0.20 a mile. Driving the car less than 30K miles during 5 years is not saving you any money, in fact it might be costing you money!

RE:: Yearly maintanence budget:

I figure on $2000 per year to cover not only the yearly maintanence but the unexpected stuff and the 5 year majors.

Re:: Most reliable Ferrari:

The ones driven daily if not weekly on long enough jouneys to get all of the systems up to full temperature for more than 30 minutes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeremy,

I would agree that

Jeremy,

I would agree that the question was excellent, BUT, he is a high school kid that cannot afford or get one anytime soon. He is all talk and once he starts there is no stopping him.

For the record, he has asked this question several times on the other board and has gotten great advice. He posts just to post and waste time.

Sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Sam,

I understand yo

Hi Sam,

I understand your concern. None of the moderators will tolerate anyone abusing this site. Ftalk, by design, was created for the users to have a positive, clean, orderly, and "gang" free place to share their passion, high school students included. Ownership is not a pre-requisite, only passion for Ferrari. That said, until Gary crosses the line, he will receive the same rights and protections that everyone else on this board has grown to enjoy.

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sam,

Thanks for the Heads U

Sam,

Thanks for the Heads Up.

No harm no foul so far.

Everyone is welcome to post (with a few exceptions) as long as they can get along and keep things on the right track.

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gary,
Fill out your profile

Gary,
Fill out your profile and register. You will get a better reaction from people.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts