Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was invited to view a privat

I was invited to view a private collection this last April and was blown away by the types and exclusivity of the cars. I shot 94 pictures in less than an hour. When I got home I couldn't remember what half of them were!
Half were Gand Prix winners including a 1933 Alfa.
Maybe some of you guys can help me identify this silver car. It is the only one of it's kind.
DJ

In the R/H corner of the picture below

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1954 375 America. S/n possibly

1954 375 America. S/n possibly 0402AM? This is in the Jon Shirley collection and was originally for Ingrid Bergman I think.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brian, you're correct that

Brian, you're correct that this is s/n 0402AM and that it currently belongs to Jon and Mary Shirley. However, it's not the so-called "Ingrid Bergman" car, that honor goes to 375 Mille Miglia s/n 0456AM.

This car is also not a 375 America. It began life as a 375 Mille Miglia PF spyder and was rebodied into the berlinetta you see here by Scaglietti after an unfortunate run-in with a date palm tree, presumably at the hands of it's then-owner director Roberto Rossellini.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it is in the Shirley coll

Yes, it is in the Shirley collection and I do remember mention that it was sent back after purchase to be converted to a Berlinetta. I didn't know that it had been wrecked though.

Thanks guys, DJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts