Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just noticed that a b

Hi,

I just noticed that a black (ground) wire is disconnected in the A/C compressor area (I should have taken a photo). My A/C worked just fine up until I took the car in for service. I was not sure if this was always disconnected - if it is a ground for noise supression the A/C should still work - unless it is a power ground. It is supposed to mount to a screw based on the type of eye-connector on the end. Where does this connect to - the compressor housing?

Anthony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anthony,
If my memory serves

Anthony,
If my memory serves me correctly, the AC compressor is rubber mounted on the supporting bracket. This being the case, a ground wire is required to engage the clutch. Seems that the ground wire lug fit under one of the mounting bolts, hence completing the path to ground in lieu of the rubber isolators. This is easy enough to verify...Power up the car and AC...and ground the AC compressor housing to the engine block.

Regards,
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try this Dave - thank

I'll try this Dave - thanks. If this is the case, would I have to remove the compressor to properly affix the ground wire? Where are the compressor mounting bolts, underneath?

Thanks again,

Anthony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anthony,

I sold my 308 abou

Anthony,

I sold my 308 about 15 years ago...so I can't remember exactly where/how the ground wire attaches. Seems to me that the compressor does not need to be removed...and that it should be obvious?? where the lead attaches. Sorry I can't be more specific....just too many years have passed. If you have parts manual, this might be more helpful...

Regards,
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anthony,

the ground wire at

Anthony,

the ground wire attaches to the oil dipstick tube hold down stud on the top of the front cam belt cover.

Regards, JRV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts